Flexible Networks: Storage & DSR Conference
As energy networks prepare to meet the demands of a flexible power system, Network, the UK s only dedicated media brand for engineers in gas, power and heat networks, is launching Flexible Networks: Storage & DSR " a unique conference exploring today s solutions to tomorrow s challenges.
The conference will explore the drivers for flexibility and set the strategic context, before diving into the detail of operational and technical solutions around storage and DSR, including the latest findings from innovation-funded studies. It will ask how customers and other stakeholders can be engaged in the transition, and will look at the role of flexibility beyond the network, at grid-level.
This CPD-certified event provides the opportunity to:
- Reflect on the Smart Systems Consultation and what it means for networks
- Hear directly from Ofgem to gain a crucial insight into RIIO2
- The journey for networks to achieve flexibility
- Access the benefits of demand side response to defer network reinforcement
- Understand the role that interconnection plays in supporting flexibility
- Capitalise on the opportunities of a decarbonised future
Senior-level speakers sharing their experiences include:
- Jonathan Brearley, Senior partner, networks, Ofgem
- Scott Mathieson, Network planning and regulation director, SP Energy Networks
- Phil Sheppard, Director of network strategy, National Grid
- Steven Edwards, Director of regulation and commercial, Wales and West Utilities
- Nick Phillips, Head of investment planning, Northern Gas Networks
- Stewart Reid, Head of asset management and innovation, SSE Networks
- Sotiris Georgiopoulos, Head of smart grid development, UK Power Networks
- Steve Cox, Engineering & technical director, Electricity North West
You can see the full agenda, download the brochure, view the complete list of speakers and register at: http://events.networks.online/flexible/
For further details, please contact Carla Staden on (01342) 332016 or email email@example.com
For exhibition and sponsorship possibilities please contact Helen Smith on +44 (0)1342 332109 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Former energy minister joins REA board Baroness Verma joins the Renewable Energy Association as an independent non-executive board member
- Former National Grid chair joins green gas firm “Visionary” shareholders have bridged commercial “chasm” for the Advanced Plasma Power’s technology
- Leaders reveal plans to curtail UK investment after Brexit Uncertainty said to be stunting growth prospects
- Utility Week Energy Summit 29/06/2017 The Utility Week Energy Summit is the leading event for energy producers, distributors, retailers, government, investors,...
- WWT Sustainable Water 20/09/2017 Sustainability in water is more crucial than ever before, and pressure on water companies has heightened as they strive to...
- Network Asset Performance Conference 21/09/2017 With the next round of RIIO on the horizon and consumer and regulator expectations rising at a faster rate than ever before,...
- Utility Week HR Forum 26/09/2017 The Utility Week HR Forum is the only dedicated event for HR, recruitment and people development professionals working in...