Utility Week Energy Summit
The Utility Week Energy Summit is the leading event for energy producers, distributors, retailers, government, investors, consultants and wider stakeholders to debate and shape UK energy policy.
The 2017 event will reassess Britain's place in a post-Brexit world; take a pragmatic approach to medium-term energy strategy; assess the challenges and opportunities of an integrated energy system; and tackle the best way forward to realise a long-term energy vision in the UK.
The day is being chaired by Roger Harrabin, Environment analyst, BBC.
High-profile speakers include:
- Rt Hon Ed Davey, former secretary of state for energy & climate change and chairman, Mongoose Energy
- Iain Wright MP, Chair, Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee
- Vincent de Rivaz CBE, Chief executive officer, EDF Energy
- Keith Anderson, Chief corporate officer, ScottishPower and chief executive officer, ScottishPower Renewables
- Basil Scarsella, Chief executive officer, UK Power Networks
- Dermot Nolan, Chief executive, Ofgem
- Gareth Burns, Managing director, Statoil Energy Ventures
- Dr Rachel Cooper, Head of energy storage, Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- Dr Felix Lerch, Country chairman UK, Uniper
- Andy Koss, Chief executive, Drax Power
- Cordi O'Hara, Director, UK system operator, National Grid
Why you should attend
- Discuss the likely implications of Brexit on UK energy & climate change policy
- Debate the practicalities of ensuring security of supply in the medium term
- Assess the investor landscape for renewable energy and the low-carbon economy
- Gain insight into the challenges of delivering a smart, flexible and integrated energy system
To view more details and to register, visit: events.utilityweek.co.uk/summit
Alternatively, contact Nicola Gillman on (01342) 332045 or email email@example.com
- Friends of the Earth aims for 75 per cent renewables by 2030 Green electricity could be the “foundation of a stable and reliable energy system”
- Unleashing innovative SMEs ‘vital’ for transforming grids Networks must do more to entice small and medium sized firms, study finds
- Water sector must embrace ‘systems-thinking’ Water is “no respecter of arbitrary boundaries”
- Utility Week Energy Summit 29/06/2017 The Utility Week Energy Summit is the leading event for energy producers, distributors, retailers, government, investors,...
- WWT Sustainable Water 20/09/2017 Sustainability in water is more crucial than ever before, and pressure on water companies has heightened as they strive to...
- Network Asset Performance Conference 21/09/2017 With the next round of RIIO on the horizon and consumer and regulator expectations rising at a faster rate than ever before,...
- Utility Week HR Forum 26/09/2017 The Utility Week HR Forum is the only dedicated event for HR, recruitment and people development professionals working in...