Utility Week Procurement and Supply Chain Engagement Conference 2018
Procurement professionals in utilities face pressure from all sides: to cut costs without compromising on outcomes; to make optimum use of massive advances in technology; and to develop more efficient and effective ways of partnering with their supply chains.
As new challenges emerge, they must adopt new business practices and demonstrate agility to unlock value and enable innovation in the supply chain. Investment in the right people and processes is critical to deliver long-term, innovative solutions that lower costs without compromising on quality.
The 2018 Utility Week Procurement & Supply Chain Engagement Conference will prepare procurement professionals for the regulators’ direction of travel and showcase best practice on how to balance cost and risk to meet long-term challenges.
Topics for discussion include: the value of communication to drive creativity; impacts of price volatility; how to address the skills gap; and how to extract value from existing arrangements by moving towards more collaborative supplier relationships.
Attend this CPD-certified conference to:
- Align your procurement strategy with the regulatory agenda
- Balance cost and customer considerations to deliver value for money
- Unlock innovation within your supply chain and build enhanced relationships with suppliers
- Embrace new technologies and future trends
- Address the skills gap and explore new sources of talent
The day will be chaired by Ellen Bennett, Editor of Utility Week and expert speakers include:
- Nirmal Kotecha, Director of capital programme and procurement, UK Power Networks
- Jonathan Callighan, Director of construction and procurement, Cadent Gas
- Adam Cooper, Director, Ofwat
- James Norman, Head of commercial policy, Ofgem
- Tim Coles, Head of commercial, Thames Water
- Valerie Jamieson, Head of procurement, SGN
- Chris Wand, Head of supply chain and logistics, Severn Trent Water
- Simon Harnett, Head of UK procurement, National Grid
- Karen Thompson, Head of direct procurement, Anglian Water
- Nick Ellins, CEO, Energy & Utility Skills
- Donna Kingett, AMP7 contract strategy manager, Yorkshire Water
- Duncan Brock, Group director, CIPS
You can see the full agenda, download the brochure, view the complete list of speakers and register at: http://events.utilityweek.co.uk/procurement/
For exhibition and sponsorship opportunities please contact Sophie Abbott on 01342 332062 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bristol Water’s chief financial officer resigns Mick Axtell has a 12-month notice period but is looking for his "next opportunity"
- Lord Henley appointed as new BEIS under secretary Peer replaces Lord Prior of Brampton who had held the role since December last year
- Lord Hutton appointed Energy UK chair Former Labour minister replaces Sir David Arculus in December
- WWT Wastewater Conference and Exhibition 2018 30/01/2018 The WWT Wastewater 2018 Conference and Exhibition is a comprehensive single-day showcase of wastewater-specific case...
- WWT Water Northern Ireland Conference 2018 22/02/2018 Now in its 9th year, the WWT Water Northern Ireland Conference & Exhibition is the only event that brings all the major...
- Utility Week Consumer Debt Conference 27/02/2018 Now in its 10th year, the Utility Week Consumer Debt Conference is the leading event for forward-thinking credit, debt,...
- WWT Smart Water Networks Conference 20/03/2018 The only dedicated event for senior water and wastewater professionals improving decision making through smart technologies...