UKPN retains industry crown at Utility Week Awards
UK Power Networks has won the prestigious Utility of the Year Award for the second year running at the Utility Week Awards.
- Water Reform and Water Savings: Now’s the Time to Strike
- View customers as active participants in water sector, says Ross
- Liquidity will be ‘a real challenge’ for local energy markets
- ADSM and Peel Water become latest water retail licensees
- New Arc Rated Foul Weather Protection: How Scottish and Southern Electricity Network Engineers Benefit From GORE-TEX® PYRAD® Technology
The awards ceremony, sponsored by CGI and Capgemini, took place last night (12 December) at its habitual venue – the Grosvenor House Hotel, Park Lane.
The event was attended by almost 1,500 utility industry leaders with a strong turnout of company executives from across the water, energy networks and energy supply sectors.
UKPN scooped the Utility of the Year Award for the second year in a row with judges congratulating the company for its continued dedication to innovation activities whilst maintaining industry leading safety and customer satisfaction ratings.
In other categories, there was a strong display from water companies who took prizes in six of the thirteen awards.
The Industry Champion Award, sponsored by Baringa, which recognises outstanding dedication and leadership from an industry executive, was given to Steve Johnson MBE, former chief executive of Electricity North West. Johnson retired earlier this year and received his MBE in the Queen’s birthday honours list.
A full list of winners from the Utility Week Awards 2016 can be found below:
- Capital Project Management Award - United Utilities in partnership with Galliford Try, Costain and Atkins
- Smart Utilities Award – Centrica
- Supply Chain Excellence Award - Openreach, Morrison Utility Services & Hire-A-Lite
- Staff Development Award – British Gas
- Team of the Year: Customer Facing – Northern Ireland Water and Echo Managed Services
- Team of the Year: Back office – Northumbrian Water Group
- Marketing Initiative of the Year – First Utility
- Community Initiative of the Year – Npower and Macmillan Cancer Support
- Customer Care Award – SP Energy Networks
- Customer Engagement – Welsh Water
- Environment Award – Severn Trent
- IT initiative of the Year – Thames Water and eight2O
- Utility of the Year – UK Power Networks
Further coverage of the Utility Week Awards 2016 will appear in the Friday 16 print issue of Utility Week.