Utility Week Awards 2017 – open for entries
The Utility Week Awards 2017 are now open to entries.
The Utility Week Awards will return on 11 December at the Grosvenor House Hotel, London, and it is now open to entries. The deadline for submissions is Friday 8 September.
The awards recognise excellence across the industry and reward organisations that have achieved outstanding performance in the last year. To win or to be shortlisted shows that you have reached the very highest standards, as judged by our panel of leading independent experts.
The ten award categories are open to any company involved in the utilities sector - companies producing, distributing and retailing energy or water. Other companies are welcome to enter jointly with utility partners.
We are looking for those companies that go above and beyond the call of duty, so we will be asking you to demonstrate that you had ambitious aims, proportionate to the size of your company, and that you met or exceeded them. They recognise excellence across the industry, no matter what the sector, the size of the company or the scale of the project.
New judging process and entry guidance for 2017
- As the number of entries keeps growing, we’ve introduced a new two-stage judging process to ensure that every entry continues to receive in-depth consideration from a panel of industry leaders.
- Each category now has a lead judge and with some of the biggest names in the business on the judging panel, the bar is set high.
- We know how important detailed entry guidance and feedback are to driving best practice. To this end, we are launching a new entry guide setting out the criteria for each award. (Coming soon)
- We also promise to provide every shortlisted entrant with a benchmarking report detailing the strengths and weaknesses of their entry in relation to their peers, based on feedback from our judges. We will publish detailed case studies of the winning entries over the course of 2018, so everyone can see what it takes to win one of our coveted awards.
Competition for these awards is fierce, and winning a place on the shortlist is an achievement in itself. We’ll honour all our winners, reveal who are the best of the best – and have a great night out – at the Grosvenor House hotel in Park Lane on 11 December.
It’s the industry’s “Christmas party” and will be a celebration of all your hard work; a Christmas party; and a night to remember.
The important dates to your diary are:
• Call for entries - now open
• Entry deadline - Friday 8 September
• Award ceremony - Monday 11 December
Utility Week would like to thank Capgemini, Vision Consulting and Lowri Beck for their support of the 2017 Awards.
For more information, visit: www.utilityweekawards.co.uk
- Utilitywise founder Geoff Thompson to step down from board Simon Waugh will succeed Thompson as non-executive chairman
- Scottish Government increases energy budget But Holyrood also freezes warm homes funding at the same time
- Energy bosses to be grilled over price cap Senior figures from Eon, Centric and SSE to appear before parliamentary committee