Recent industry research has shown that over three quarters of utilities have introduced stretching targets for decarbonisation of their own operations and asset bases since the UK made its 2050 net zero emissions commitment.*
But many industry leaders also admit that meeting these targets could be undermine by lack of robust data and reporting processes to ensure environmental factors become a standard part of operational and capital investment decision making.
This webinar will shine a light on Anglian Water’s industry leading approach to capturing capital carbon values across its asset base and feeding these into investment planning and intervention decisions.
The case study will be followed by reflections and observations from other senior utilities representatives and process digitalisation experts on their own experiences of digitalising environmental reporting and the importance of this to delivering utilities net zero goals.
Register for the webinar to:
- Understand how Anglian Water calculates the capital carbon value of its assets
- Learn how this information is integrated into asset maintenance, intervention and investment decisions
- Learn what role digitalisation has played in adding rigour and ease to this integration
- How this combination of robust data and digitalised process has helped Anglian achieve a 61% capital carbon reduction across its asset base since 2010.
- Understand what further data and innovation will be needed to enable Anglian to deliver its next step commitments on capital carbon reduction – a 65% reduction against its 2010 baseline by the end of AMP7 and a 70% reduction by end of AMP8.
Speakers will include:
- Richard Buckingham, climate change and carbon manager, Anglian Water
- Gabrielle Barnard, head of information management, SGN
- Mike Heffner, VP solutions and industry go-to-market, Appian
* Research published by Utility Week in association with Appian. The full report, Digital Transformation Transformed: net zero and technology strategies in UK utilties, can be downloaded for free here.