As utilities head towards a winter in which debt and affordability are set to become increasingly problematic, some are turning to open banking technologies to help them increase visibility of emerging debtors, manage payment more proactively and simultaneously realise benefits in cost to serve.
In this webinar, Utility Week and open banking pioneer Yolt Technology Services (YTS), will welcome representatives from the energy and water sectors to explain why they hope open banking can help them resolve some of their debt and affordability challenges and share the challenges/breakthroughs they are experiencing in open banking technology trials.
Key talking points will include:
- The promise of open banking – why it is arousing interest form utilities
- Early experiences in adopting/trialing open banking technology in the utilities sector
- Key benefits unlocked so far
- Key challenges to be addressed
The event will also include background information on the origins of open banking and its key principles.
Speakers will include:
- Michelle Atkinson, head of income, United Utilities
- Joanne Lazzari, vulnerable customer lead, Eon
- Constanza Castro Feijóo, stakeholder engagement manager, Open Banking Implementation Entity
- Bas van Marissing, product manager, YTS