Smart Water Networks Forum (SWAN) has formed a new utility advisory group to catapult smart water and wastewater networks worldwide.
SWAN is a non-profit organisation for the smart water sector. The advisory group will address the “most pressing utility challenges”, regional trends, and research needs. It will collaborate to review and support SWAN activities and to help navigate future research and strategic planning.
The group will feature six global SWAN utility experts from the UK, Singapore, Brazil, Spain, the United States and Italy, who have been selected for their “diverse industry knowledge and innovative utility experience”.
The SWAN Utility Advisory Group members include:
- Michael Toh, director – Water Supply Network Department at PUB, the National Water Agency
- Wagner Carvalho, senior project manager at AEGEA Saneamento e Participações S.A.
- Eva Martínez Díaz, responsible for smart services – innovation department at Aqualia
- Bob Taylor, operations director – drinking water services at South West Water
- Andrew Lee, deputy director at Bellevue Utilities Department
- Emilio Lanfranchi, water utility innovation manager at MM spa
Taylor of South West Water, said: “SMART networks are key to delivering improved customer service through a better understanding of network performance and behaviour.
“This new advisory group will form a strong platform for exchanging ideas and will help equipment developers and suppliers within the SWAN network to better understand the needs of our industry.”
SWAN’s flagship annual conference for 2018 will be held on 21-22 May in Barcelona, Spain.