Utility Week Live launches biggest ever show to ‘accelerate delivery’
Utility Week Live 2024 will return on 21-22 May, with a host of new zones and features designed to unite stakeholders in the transition to a digitally enabled, net zero future, under the new strapline ‘Accelerate Delivery’.
As the UK’s energy and water industries work to deliver their 2030 carbon reduction targets, including a commitment for the water industry to reach net zero and the widespread adoption of low carbon technologies, there has never been a greater demand for the rollout of new infrastructure, or for innovative solutions. UWL24 will introduce a variety of new features including the Local Government Pavilion showcasing decarbonisation plans from local authorities, the Energy Flexibility stage bringing you 2 days of content dedicated to the emerging markets and the RoboTech Demo Zone providing live demonstrations of the latest artificial intelligence, automation and robotics revolutionising utilities.
Utilities portfolio director Ellen Bennett: “We’ve arrived at the tipping point. There’s no more time for talking – with just six years to go until low carbon commitments kick in in 2030, the focus now must be on accelerating delivery. The scale of the rollout of low-carbon, pollution-free infrastructure and the pace of change required demand innovation, and the smart deployment of digital and data-led solutions on a scale not seen before.
“We at Utility Week Live are proud to play our part, expanding the show to bring together all the necessary stakeholders including all major utilities, their contracting and engineering partners, innovators and suppliers alongside regulators, local and national government and consumer groups. With new zones and features Utility Week will facilitate action, drive delivery and influence policymakers as the industry takes charge at a time of political uncertainty. Utility Week Live is where energy and water companies come together with their partners and stakeholders to deliver innovative solutions for net zero, keeping the lights on, the heat pumping and the taps running.”
Utility Week Live 2024 features five pillars, running across its exhibition and content programme:
- Innovation: Innovation remains at the heart of Utility Week Live, and we are delighted to welcome the UK’s leading utilities, who will be showcasing their own innovation programmes.
- Smart utilities: Utility Week Live is where water and energy companies come to discover the digitally enabled solutions and innovations that will accelerate delivery and maximise efficiencies.
- Sustainable infrastructure: With plans for the rollout of new infrastructure in the next decade dwarfing that of the previous 30 years, there is an urgent need for utilities to work effectively with their partners in the supply chain; and for construction to be delivered at pace. We’re bringing together engineers, contractors and kit and tech providers with client utilities to explore new methods of construction and game changing technologies.
- Energy Flexibility: Flexible energy is a critical enabler for net zero. As regulators, policymakers and networks work together to kickstart the market, UWL24 is putting it front and centre, with a dedicated Energy Flexibility stage, year-round content campaign and a new awards ceremony highlighting the pioneers of flexibility.
- Customer, culture and workforce: As utilities and the wider infrastructure landscape transforms over the next decade, customers must remain at the heart of decision making and the workforce must be upskilled. UWL24 will showcase advanced solutions for customer service, ways to identify and serve vulnerable customers and ways to optimise workforce operations.
UWL24 will offer more free content than ever before, with six stages running across two days. These include the new Energy Flexibility stage, exploring the emerging policy and mechanisms as well as technical solutions for flexibility.
The acclaimed Challenge Programme will return, with three stages sharing best practice and insight from the frontline; as well as our Innovation Stage and the free to attend conference programme on the Keynote Stage. Our interactive sessions are back too, with the Collaborate Exchange programme and a series of invite-only workshops.
With speakers already confirmed from Ofgem, Anglian Water, National Grid ESO, Northumbrian Water, Ovo and Eon, Utility Week Live 2024 is not to be missed for anyone working in or engaging with utilities as they work to improve water quality, drive the energy transition and ensure resilient critical national infrastructure.
Utility Week members enjoy first sight of the content programme and priority booking for interactive roundtables and workshops; as well as access to our exclusive member’s lounge, with complimentary refreshments.
FREE TO ATTEND – register today
To find out more about Utility Week Live 2024, contact head of content Charity Woodruff at email@example.com and for sponsorship opportunities head of sales Charlie Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org