REA appoints new head of electric vehicles
New head’s role will be to champion the use of ultra-low emission vehicles
- Ofwat loses senior director Ofwat begins the search for a new senior director of customers and casework
- Thames Water names new retail MD Kelly MacFarlane succeeds Ian Cain as managing director of customer service and retail
- Eon UK boss moves on After 20 years, Tony Cocker will leave Eon to pursue a "portfolio career"
- One week to close of Stars Awards 2017 Industry has seven more days to give teams and individuals the chance for recognition
- Different management ‘DNA’ needed in water sector “Sticky” workforce and limited “gene pool” in senior management causing talent problems for water
- Suppliers failing the vulnerable in smart rollout Vulnerable customers are being left to struggle alone with smart devices
- Scottish Renewables boss to depart “We have all achieved a huge amount over last seven years” says Niall Stuart
- 2.5m customers in line for bill hike Millions of Eon customers could see their bills rise as the supplier announces an 8.8% tariff increase
- Deadline extended for UW Stars Awards Those looking to enter this year’s Utility Week Stars Award have been given a deadline reprieve
- MOSL chief executive Ben Jeffs steps down Market Operator Services Limited hunts for a new chief executive
- ETI appoints new chief executive Jonathan Wills to take over following the death of predecessor David Clarke
- Waterwise warns of water efficiency skills gap Water efficiency should be "core" to retail service innovation
- Whitehead: CMA revisit required Shadow energy minister criticises missed opportunities in authority’s energy market investigation.
- Shadow BEIS secretary quits Labour's shadow energy secretary has resigned after a vote to trigger the UK's exit from the EU.
AnalysisRoundtable: Utility Industry Skills and Talent Challenges - London, 3 November 2016 Not only are utilities finding it difficult to attract young talent, they are faced with the retirement of half the current... Utility Week Awards 2016 – the finalists We received a record number of entries this year and would like to thank everyone who took the time to enter. The standard... Utility Week Congress 2016 With smart meters, water competition and Brexit all in the mix, there will be plenty to talk about at this year’s Congress. More >
ColumnEditor's letter: Fears becoming reality for smart rollout Storm clouds are gathering over the national smart meter rollout as cost concerns and complaints escalate. Editor's letter: Yorkshire Water and energy panel controversy cause a stir Yorkshire Water may be on the bring of a sale which will dispose of its business customer book. Meanwhile, conflict between... Speaker’s corner: Philip King, chief executive of the Chartered Institute of Credit Management More >
InterviewsInterview: Felix Lerch, UK chairman, Uniper Uniper's UK chairman talks about security of supply, level playing fields and Brexit risks. Q+A: Our Energy promises customers "will never have to switch again" Our Energy promises to create "the people's energy company" with its crowdfunded launch. Utility Week talks to director,... Interview: John Pettigrew, chief executive, National Grid “With a focus on security of supply – it would be incredibly disruptive to move to an ISO.” More >
Market ViewWater deregulation: digital leaders urgently required Large companies continue to struggle with implementing digital transformation Hurdles remain for tidal lagoons despite Hendry review Gareth Phillips explains why the recent “game changing” feasibility study for tidal lagoon power in the UK still leaves the... Market view: Working time wake-up call Many UK businesses are unaware of a major change to the Working Time Directive that will add commute times to calculations... More >