Thames Water appoints first chief digital officer
Having a digital chief officer will “transform the way we work” says chief executive
- Ofgem chairman David Gray to step down Recruitment process for a new chair to begin shortly
- Ofgem ‘disappointed’ to lose Rachel Fletcher to Ofwat Fletcher will join Ofwat as CEO on 8 January, and Ofgem is looking for her replacement
- Utility Week Awards winners revealed More than 1,400 people from across the utilities industry attended the 2017 awards
- Ofwat appoints new chief executive Rachel Fletcher will join the water regulator early next year from Ofgem
- Good Energy appoints new director Tim Jones is to become an independent non-executive director.
- New STA Scotland chair calls for more solar Chris Clark pledges to try and ensure every new building “has as much solar installed on the roof as is possible”
- Former Npower boss joins Foresight Metering Volker Beckers will lead the company’s smart meter funding drive.
- Solar Trade Association appoints new chief executive Chris Hewett will replace outgoing chief executive Paul Barwell, who leaves in the new year
- Thames Water in transparency overhaul Ian Marchant, former chief executive of SSE will take over as chairman in January
- Bristol Water’s chief financial officer resigns Mick Axtell has a 12-month notice period but is looking for his "next opportunity"
- Lord Henley appointed as new BEIS under secretary Peer replaces Lord Prior of Brampton who had held the role since December last year
- Lord Hutton appointed Energy UK chair Former Labour minister replaces Sir David Arculus in December
- David Black joins Ofwat board Senior director for Water 2020 replaces Richard Khaldi on regulator's board
- Smart DCC boosts senior team Appointments come as company starts scaling up operation to service smart meter network
- Severn Trent appoints MD for production business James Jesic’s appointment follows the company’s management overhaul
AnalysisEvent: Utility Week and Wipro Open Doors dinner Open Doors Dinner guests discussed how technology, and skilled staff able to apply it, are key to successful customer... Who’s in the frame for Ofwat chief executive? Three strong candidates have emerged as the frontrunners in the race to succeed Ofwat chief executive Cathryn Ross, but... Utility Week Awards 2017 – open for entries The Utility Week Awards 2017 are now open to entries. More >
ColumnPipe Up: the importance of wellbeing Pipe Up: skills shortage in the water industry? I do not think there is a people or skills shortage at the water market’s coal-face, but I think it has a significant... Pipe up, by Peter Emery “Our apprenticeship scheme is a great way to ensure the workforce has a smooth and even age profile.” More >
InterviewsMatthew Wright, managing director, Dong Energy UK "This idea of baseload is overplayed, because what we are seeing is more flexibility in the demand side." Nick Ellins, chief executive, Energy and Utility Skills As utilities ready themselves for price controls and a surge in infrastructure investment, Nick Ellins warns they must pay... Chris Train, chief executive, Cadent Following the creation of Cadent from National Grid's former gas distribution businesses, Chris Train reflects on the... More >
Market ViewGDPR: stop worrying, get a plan and get moving The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into effect next May, and it is critical that businesses start planning... Smart meter rollout will help fill the skills gap The impact of the smart meter rollout programme will be felt far beyond the households and businesses who will get the... Water deregulation: digital leaders urgently required Large companies continue to struggle with implementing digital transformation More >