Energy flexibility: the digital building blocks
Event Date: 25/01/2024 11:00 am
To unlock the true potential of energy flexibility as a lever for net zero, the UK needs to invest in building strong digital infrastructure. As the pressure on power networks and requirement for flexibility grows, the regulator has recognised the need for standardised markets with a cohesive vision for distributed flexibility.
Join this session on 25 January at 11:00 to hear four industry leaders reveal the investment, strategy and policy approaches required to build an accurate, real time digital picture of energy networks.
- How to bridge the gap between existing data and digital infrastructure and that needed to unlock flexibility markets
- What the short, medium and long term strategy and policy direction is to shape your business plans
- How standardisation and industry collaboration can create more opportunities
- Sebastian Blake, flex markets lead, Octopus
- Melanie Bryce, head of network and market development, SSEN
- Gillian Williamson, head of system forecasting, Northern Powergrid
- Emily Judson, head of research, Icebreaker One
- Matt Watson, head of commercial and operability, National Grid