Preparing for PR24 and beyond: Asset strategy
Event Date: 17/01/2023 11:00 am
A short-term view of critical infrastructure should be the antithesis of companies’ plans for PR24. Robust asset management strategies and evidence based decision-making are crucial for operational resilience both now and in the long term.
Register to watch this webinar by completing the form to the side of the page.
In a bid to strengthen the sector’s approach to resilience, Ofwat plans to incentivise companies to maintain their assets for the long term. A theme of “long-term stewardship” is expected to shape much of the next price control period.
The regulator has made it clear that it was disappointed at PR19 with the evidence supporting decisions on large water resource infrastructure. For PR24, companies will be expected to sequence their asset investments carefully to deliver long-term outcomes.
This webinar, hosted by Utility Week in association with Innovyze, will bring together senior figures from the water sector to explore key themes including:
- How can a standardised approach help to support decision making around the management of existing infrastructure and the delivery of new assets?
- What lessons can be learnt across the sector and from other sectors in terms of optimising the life cycle of assets?
- What role can the regulator play by providing greater clarity on what will happen in price review periods beyond PR24?
The panel will include:
- Lisa Gahan, Group Director of Regulatory, Strategy and Asset Management, Pennon Group
- Steve Kaye, CEO, UK Water Industry Research
- Idris Nujjoo, Solution Engineer, Innovyze