Preparing for PR24 and beyond: Carbon credentials
Event Date: 25/11/2022 11:00 am
As the water sector looks ahead to the deadline for final PR24 business plans, companies are considering the complex challenges that the next decade will hold. With increasing concern over climate change, carbon priorities will be high on the agenda across the next price control period and beyond.
Register to watch this webinar by completing the form to the side of the page.
For PR24, Ofwat intends to set a common performance commitment for operational carbon emissions. The regulator has also revealed plans to enable water companies to compete for additional funding for net zero investments that go beyond its baseline target for decarbonisation.
The plan is for this extra funding to be concentrated on the most efficient companies to ensure faster emissions reductions are achieved at the lowest cost. The pressure is on companies to ensure they are clearly demonstrating their carbon reduction credentials.
This webinar, hosted by Utility Week in association with Innovyze, will bring together senior figures from the water sectors to explore key themes including:
- What are the challenges around applying a common reduction level to different companies that have varied capacity for nature-based solutions?
- How can utilities ensure they are maximising spending allowances to deliver against ambitious emissions targets?
- What are the key blockers to tracking emissions robustly and consistently?
The panel will include:
- Richard Eadie, head of strategy, sustainability and transformation, Severn Trent
- Trevor Bishop, director, Water Resources South East (WRSE)
- Gordon Rogers, head of long term strategy, United Utilities
- Caryn Novak, EMEA water innovation manager, Innovyze