This brand-new Utility Week event, The New Deal for Utilities DEBATE, will explore and address the issues raised in the recent New Deal campaign, and identify what should happen next. Panellists will include:
- Dame Polly Courtice, DBE, LVO, Director, Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership
- Jonson Cox, Chairman, Ofwat
- Michael Lewis, CEO, E.ON UK
- With Suzanne Heneghan, Editor, Utility Week
Taking place in the prestigious RICS at Parliament Square, the New Deal DEBATE will tackle the key questions and issues facing utility businesses seeking to rebuilt public trust:
- How can the main legitimacy challenges facing water and energy sectors be overcome?
- What regulatory changes could help utilities deliver improved services and rebuild public trust both now and in the future?
- What policy changes would help utilities forge a new and lasting social contract?
- Could a New Deal for Utilities social contract work both for the public and utilities – and what would it look like?
This is a unique opportunity to influence the next stage of our campaign as the Utility Week team, working collaboratively with sector stakeholders, take the lead on developing and creating a New Deal – a workable social contract.
The expert panellists will examine the issues at stake, and the options facing the sector – with opportunities for Q&As – followed by an informal networking reception to collectively share views and identify next steps. Tickets cost just £99, secure one of the limited number of places without delay.
New Deal for Utilities DEBATE
25th September 2019
5.00-7.30pm, RICS at Parliament Square, London
Download the event brochure
Discover more about New Deal for Utilities DEBATE or to reserve one of the limited number of places available.