New Deal for Utilities DEBATE
25th September 2019
5.00-7.30pm, RICS at Parliament Square, London
Panellists will include:
- Lord Deben, chair, Committee on Climate Change
- Jonson Cox, chairman, Ofwat
- Michael Lewis, CEO, E.ON UK
- Kerry Scott, global practice leader for social inclusion, Mott MacDonald
- Phil Jones, chief executive, Northern Powergrid
- With Suzanne Heneghan, editor, Utility Week
This is a unique opportunity to influence the next stage of our campaign as the Utility Week team, working collaboratively with sector stakeholders, take the lead on developing and creating a New Deal – a workable social contract.
The expert panellists will examine the issues at stake, and the options facing the sector – with opportunities for Q&As – followed by an informal networking reception to collectively share views and identify next steps.
Taking place in the prestigious RICS at Parliament Square, the New Deal DEBATE will tackle the key questions and issues facing utility businesses seeking to rebuild public trust:
- How can the main legitimacy challenges facing water and energy sectors be overcome?
- What regulatory changes could help utilities deliver improved services and rebuild public trust both now and in the future?
- What policy changes would help utilities forge a new and lasting social contract?
- Could a New Deal for Utilities social contract work both for the public and utilities – and what would it look like?
Tickets cost just £99, secure one of the limited number of places without delay.